- Are there financial statements to back up any claims made by the seller?
- Look for major issues which could affect the valuation of the business such as who has the relationship with clients, how many clients are there, whether there contracts in place, and a good lease in place
- Where would you fit in the business and is there any potential to grow the business?
- Will there be a transition period?
- Are there management or trained staff in place?
- Will the seller consider financing a portion of the transaction?
Delon Cheung is a business broker for NAI Commercial in the Vancouver office